Monday 8 June 2020

'Muuuum, The Guinea Pigs are Hungry Again' by Tilly Greenland


Feed me!” That’s what that squeal means.
Like, there isn’t a garden full of grass outside.
All the Guinea pigs wanted to do was eat.
Stay inside and eat.
Haven’t they heard of the great outdoors?
Flowers, plants, grass, waiting for them the other side of the open door.
In case you hadn’t noticed,” I said, “the door is open, you can go outside and feed yourselves.”
Couldn’t understand me, obviously, as they just looked up at me and squealed even louder.
Teeth showing, ears flapping, rising up on their hind legs.
Ignore us at your peril,” I thought I heard them say as they wheeeked and squeaked, squealed and begged.
OK, OK, but only a small piece of cucumber,” I said.
Now get your furry, fuzzy little butts outside and eat – my – grass.”

No comments:

Post a Comment