Sunday 7 June 2020

'What Happened to Us?' by Zoe Critchley

 

What was that? What did you say? You love me? You don’t, though, do you? You say you do, but when was the last time you meant it?

This was inevitable, wasn’t it, really? What is it that they say again? About ‘fools rushing in’? What? You don’t think we did? What house have you been living in?

Which house have you been going to? Hers? You think I didn’t know?

Oh, you think I care? You think I still give a damn about what you do? You think I still give a damn about you after all of this?

What? You think I’m making a mistake? Seriously? You mean a mistake other than you? I don’t think so, do you?

Well why else would I have packed up all your stuff?

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out, ok?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment