Sunday 16 June 2019

Write-In 2019: 'A Matter of National Security' by Amanda Jones

‘Hello?’
‘Hello?’
‘Hello. Is there anyone there?’
‘…..’
‘I got it because someone left a voicemail.  He called from this number and he said it was urgent. I was trying to ring him to tell him that he had left his message on the wrong number.


‘Hello?’
‘Hello?’
‘… listen, it really did sound urgent and I think you need to call him’
‘…..’
‘I told you. This number was on my voicemail. I’m just trying to be helpful here. Don’t hang up’


‘Hello?’
‘Hello?’
‘…….’
‘Yes, I know it doesn’t make sense. But how else did I get your number? Yes, fine. I won’t call again. I’m just trying to help. What do you mean, ‘national security’? No, I won’t tell you where I live. Goodbye.


I watched the news for days after that. Nothing. But I figure that some things are never reported Yes, of course I still have the number. Don’t tell anyone though.

No comments:

Post a Comment