Sunday 16 June 2019

Write-In 2019: 'I Know' by Vivian Paide

I know she’s cheating on me. Every night she’s late coming home from work. Comes in with this satisfied smirk on her face, like she’s pulled one over on me. Talks about her boss like he can walk on water. I took the day off tomorrow so I can follow her. When I find them together, boy, will they be sorry. Nobody makes a fool out of Guy.

I know Guy’s going to be so surprised when he opens his birthday gift and sees that leather jacket. He’s been going on about it for months, but we just couldn’t afford it. I’m so glad I talked to my boss about wanting to make Guy’s thirtieth special. Looking after his little girl for an hour till her mum comes to pick her up is easy money. Tomorrow, I’ll have enough for the jacket. I wonder if he suspects, though. He’s been acting kind of strange lately.

I know I’ve done something really bad, I just don’t know what it is. Dad acts so mad all the time, and Mom doesn’t come home in time to play with me before dinner any more. I guess she just doesn’t want to be around me. Maybe they found out that I copied Jimmy’s answers on the math test. I heard Dad say something about cheating the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment