Monday 8 June 2020

'Killing Time' by Amanda Jones


“At least she didn’t feel anything.”

But, are you sure she didn’t?”

“Course I am, that’s what they said.”

“Did you definitely ask them? Are you sure?”

“Extra sure. Extra sure with knobs on.”

“For God’s sake, no need for that.”

“Great Scot, don’t be so touchy.”

‘Hang on. Let’s not do this now.”

“I’m sorry, we’re both stressed.”

“Just so, tired and stressed.”

“Kickboxing. When I’m like this, I go kickboxing.”

“Lord above. Kickboxing?”

“Many’s the time it’s stopped me hitting someone.”

“No way. And does that mean you want to hit me? Me, your sister?”

“Of course not. Not you, not family.”

“Pleased to hear it.”

“Quite pleased to be able to say it.”

“Right then. Let’s get on. We’re wasting time. They’ll be here soon.”

“So, you’ll go in the first car with the others when they turn up and I’ll go with ... with her.”

“That works, yes.”

“Unless you want to go with her?”

“Very happy for you to go.”

“Whatever you say.”

“Xavier’s coming with the others?”

“Yes, yes he is. I’ve told him not to wear his—"

”Zoot suit. Well remembered. Thank you.”







No comments:

Post a Comment