Sunday 7 June 2020

'Winners vs Losers' by C.S. Bowerman


I win. I throw my raging waves to your shore.   I know I am stronger.   I eat you away.   I change your shape.    With fury you feel my bites.   There is no escape.   With gentle caresses I will seduce your sands.   Without you realising, I will still be winning.    I am greater than you.   My arms reach wide whilst you huddle like a ball of garden twine.    I expand and breathe.   I can watch you dissolve if I wish, or I can turn away and find another horizon.   Life is in me.   Hidden or visible.   Known and unknown.   I sustain as I wish.   At all times I win.

And at all times I lose.   My angry waves cannot digest polymers and plastic bottles.   Plastics that hold me in, imprison me at source, that feed the arid land lubbers, who throw them back to taunt me.  Your plastics strangle my creatures and choke my white horses.   They cough and vomit on my radiant crystal shallows.   Too much debris for even one as tremendous as I.   My outrage is vast.   Bubbling emerald fires from the ocean floors.   Thunderous and crashing attacks that I spit on you with disdain.   I do steal but my nature is not as cruel as yours.   I take but with grace and oh so slowly.    You bite my blue hands.   Tie them with polythene.    

Magnificent fury fights diminutive ignorance.   A fight to the death.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment