Sunday 25 June 2023

'DIY Drama' by Jane Jackson

- Have you seen the …?

- It’s in the cupboard, next to …

- It’s not here, I’m looking in …

- No, not that cupboard, the one in the …!

- Why’d ya have to keep moving things around all …?

- I don’t, it’s always been in the cupboard in …

- Well, can you go and …?

- I can’t, I’m in the middle of …

- Can’t you leave that for a minute and give me a …?

- No, no way, you’ll have to fetch it for yourself if you want to eat this …

- Mum! Dad! Are you two arguing ag…?

- We’re not arguing, your father’s just being …

- Oh, so it’s all my fault as usual, is …?

- Just stop, will you, I can’t hear the …!

- Look, I need to get this fixed before …

- What’s happened? The telly’s gone …

- Sorry, wrong plug, the WiFi will reboot in a …

- Oh, Dad, why can’t you leave …?

- You do pick your moments to …

- Well if that’s how you both feel, I’m off to …

The door slammed before his sentence was finished, but they both knew exactly where he’d gone. Another DIY project that wouldn’t be completed any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment