Monday 17 June 2024

Help! I've Fallen for my 'Work Husband' by Madeleine Armstrong

 Carl (34M) and I (27F) have been colleagues for about three years. We clicked right away, and soon

everyone started calling me his work wife. At first it was funny – I didn’t find him the least bit

attractive. Hilarious? Yes. Intelligent? Definitely. But not sexy. Anyway, he had an actual wife,

Catherine (35F).

But during a work trip a couple of months back, everything changed. After a few too many

team-building drinks, he told me Catherine’s having IVF and it’s turned her into a monster. And

he’s only going along with it to please her – he’s not even sure he wants kids.

He was really upset, so I gave him a hug and tried to comfort him.

Somehow, things escalated, and we slept together. I instantly regretted it – I’m no

homewrecker. I’ve told him it won’t happen again, not while he’s still married.

But now I can’t stop thinking about him, and working together has become unbearable. This

isn’t some stupid crush. I know he feels the same. He even asked me which perfume I wear, so he

can buy it for Catherine. He must be thinking about me too, even when he’s with her.

So I was happy to give him time.

Until last week, that is. I heard from another colleague that Catherine’s pregnant. I’ve tried

talking to Carl about it, but he just clams up. I’m only trying to help him. If he stays with her for the

sake of the kid, he’ll be making a huge mistake.

I need to stop him ruining all their lives. Should I tell Catherine what happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment