Monday 28 June 2021

'Actions Speak Louder Than Words' by Amy Wilson

The meeting has already devolved into an argument by the time I arrive, late as usual. I’m lucky
enough to be able to sneak into the room and slip into an empty seat in the back. I don’t know
what’s going on, but Lucy from HR is whispering furiously at Mark from Accounting. She’s practically sitting on her hands, she’s so angry. Over on the other side of the room one of the managers (the new one, I don’t know his name yet) is riled up enough about something that his voice is almost audible, even from all the way over here.

Just when I’m starting to think that things can’t get any more heated, one of the junior account
execs picks up his copy of the meeting agenda and waves it in the air.

The noise is deafening.

No comments:

Post a Comment