Sunday 27 June 2021

'Here, There, Everywhere' by Amy Wilson

Here

I wanted to keep you with me for as long as possible. If I could just hold you here, if I could get you to stay then I could keep you safe.


There

You called at first, of course. You always had a strong sense of duty, that’s what took you over there in the first place. We weren’t surprised when your calls became less frequent, we knew you were busy. Even when they stopped altogether we could convince ourselves for a while, that you were ok, you were just busy, out there somewhere.


Everywhere

I see you all the time now. In the pictures hanging on the wall and in the faces of every child I pass on the streets. I see you around every corner, laughing on every park bench, smiling in every window. My brave, beautiful boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment